Monday, January 12, 2009

These Dreams...

Wow.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning, which is not unusual, and went back to sleep, which is. Between 4:30 and 5:55, I had this dream:

I dreamt I was an alien from another planet.

Yeah.

So, in the dream, I've been living on Earth, disguised as a human. And the "Mother Ship" arrives and I'm called to return to my planet.

Uh huh.

The ship is hovering above a local park. Invisibly. (So, how do I know its there?)

I'm with some (human) friends, and am running towards this park to rendezvous with the ship. As I get closer to the park, changes start to happen to my body. I feel a crest start to grow out of the back of my neck. It HURTS. Suddenly, my shoes are gone, and I see that my feet are starting to morph into lizard-y type feet. Apparently, though, that process doesn't hurt. Who knew?

We reach the park we've all been running towards, and there is a chain-link fence around certain sections of it. I can see the park, and the path I want to be on, but I've got to find an opening in the fence to get through. (What, the Mother Ship can't hover a yard to the right?)

Finally, I fall to the ground next to the fence. The pain in my neck is getting worse and my feet aren't doing what they ought to do, being all lizard-y and whatnot. My friends (I have no idea who these people were -- none of the faces were familiar) stand around me, but keep back because they're not sure what's happening. There are some children with us. The kids come over to me and try to comfort me. "It's ok, we love you even though you have lizard feet."

Everyone say, "Awwwww....."

And then Dan pokes me and says, "It's time to get up!"

...

I mean, seriously?

I was looking at old photos last night, and came across a pic of my desert iguanas (Fred and Ginger), but would that one photo really spark all of THAT?

weird weird weird

.

No comments:

Post a Comment