Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Museum of Natural History



<=== This is my favorite museum in the whole world.

Let me reiterate: in.the.whole.world. :)

As a kid, I went there on repeated field trips with school, with day camp, with family... you name the group, at one point or another, we went to the American Museum of Natural History (and/or the Hayden Planetarium) on a field trip.

I love it so much that, when I got engaged and my fiance came to visit me in NY, one of the first places I took him was the Museum of Natural History. 'Cause, if he didn't like that museum, well, there would be a problem. (He loved it. Of course.)

When the movie "A Night at the Museum" came out, I was ecstatic. And here's a true story -- when I watched the movie, and the credits were rolling, I cried! CRIED! Because I wanted that movie to be real. I wanted to be in the Museum every night with all of the displays coming to life -- to see the giant blue whale blow bubbles above my head, to play "fetch" with the T-Rex skeleton, to see the lions chase after me... okay, not the last one. But seriously, I loved that movie because it was my childhood dream come to life on the big screen.

Anyway, the reason for this post -- I took DD to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" the other day (cute movie with a good message at the end) and what did I see?

TRAILER FOR "A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2"!!!

As you can imagine, I was the only one in the theater squealing with glee and applauding. DD sank into her seat, hissing, "MOM!" Ah, teenage embarassment over parental antics. What could be better. ;)

Childhood dream on the big screen, part 2, coming right up! WOOT!!!!!


























.

No comments:

Post a Comment