Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mama Yo Quiero...

...Ah Ah!

I was joking around with DD the other day and made up some words to a tune that was in my head. DD said, "Where did you come up with that tune?" I had to think about it for a moment, and then I realized it.

It was "Mama Yo Quiero" by Carmen Miranda!

Being the internet junkie I am, I wanted to find it on YouTube so DD could hear the song. Of course, since I don't speak Spanish, I thought the title was something like "Ma Mayo Karo." You know, like a truly weird sandwich made with mayonnaise and Karo Syrup or something. DD, who is in her third year of Spanish, took one look at what I was typing and laughed and laughed and laughed! Then she corrected my spelling. Hey, I took French!

YouTube search yielded this video first, and I remember it well:



That's one of the few Tom & Jerry cartoons that I truly like. However, I knew that I heard the tune first somewhere else, not on Tom & Jerry. Further digging found the true source: LUCY!



I love the look on the burro's face. :D

Ahhhh, don't you love it when you have a mental "itch" about something and can finally "scratch" it? *sigh* I feel so much better!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment