Monday, October 20, 2008

Outside my window...

I've seen this list on some other blogs and thought it was a nice way to give readers a little "snapshot" of my morning frame of mind. I think I'll try it!


Outside my Window... is a little bit of FROST! ARGH! However, the sun is shining and the sparrows are trying their darnedest to eat from the thistle feeder that we set up for goldfinches.

I am thinking... that FlyLady is calling to me and my timer is ticking. Let's have a "hooray" for starting back in with FlyLady!

I am thankful for... the fact that DH still has a job.... so far.

From the kitchen... some dishes still soaking to get off the chili we had last night.

I am wearing... jeans (see "frost" comment), black turtleneck and my "I'm with the BAND" sweatshirt

I am reading... I just finished Cold Mountain. I caught the movie for the first time last week and I can't get it out of my head. After having read the book, I'm even more impressed by the movie -- excellent adaptation of the book. That's rare, nowadays!

I am hoping... that this round of layoffs spares my DH. Unfortunately, it didn't spare my brother, who is now out of work. Need some good thoughts going up for him!

I am creating... the Storybook (Creative Memories digital scrapbook) for our vacation to the beach this past July. Almost done!

I am hearing... the ticking of my timer, the ticking of our clock and some construction noises from the other side of the subdivision.

Around the house... gotta vacuum -- the dog is shedding like crazy! Laundry is fairly caught up, so hooray for small favors!

One of my favorite things... the little oak desk that I just got from a lady on craigslist. It's exactly what I've been wanting for years and years, it fits in the space perfectly, and it was incredibly reasonable. Woot!

A few plans for the rest of the week... working at a new place on Thursday, so I hope it goes smoothly. And the usual mess and mayhem. What else is new? :)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment