Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Mamma Taught Me Right

I was in the grocery store the other day with about 25 minutes to go before I had to pick up The Boy from school. In other words, I was rushing like a bat outta H.E.Double.Hockey.Sticks.

I got to the bread aisle, and there was a little old grocery store worker, pushing a cart with folded up cardboard boxes. As she made her way out of the aisle, her boxes bumped a display of bread and knocked some to the floor. She didn't notice.

My mamma must have taught me "right", because, even though I was pressed for time, I backed up, picked up the bread, and put it on the shelf where it belonged.

Yes, I did it because my mamma taught me right.

I didn't realize that another shopper had stopped to watch. As I walked back to my cart, she approached me and said, "I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who would have done what you just did."

"Are you kidding?" I asked with a smile. "My mom would KILL me if I hadn't done it!" :)

We spoke for another minute or too. I finally said, "It's just common courtesy."
"Right," she said. "Exactly right."

We went our separate ways, but my smile was still on my face.

'Cause my mamma taught me right.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment