Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Poor Baby. :(


Poor DS! He woke up yesterday morning saying that his stomach felt "funny." He gets nauseous sometimes when he's actually hungry, so we had him eat a little bread and drink a little water. He seemed to feel a little better. Dan left for work. And THEN...

"MOM!"

Ugh. Threw up, threw up, threw up and then the other end chimed in. :P

We still had to drive DD to school! I waited until the last minute, then bundled DS up, gave him a grocery bag in case he needed it, and drove them both to the High School. Thank goodness he was okay for the ride, and thank goodness again that the school is only about 10 minutes away!

I brought him back home and made an appointment for him to see Dr. H, the pediatrician. We love Dr. H. No, we lurrrrrrrve Dr. H! He has a son DS's age, and so is very current with what's going on in 9-year-old boys' lives. :) And I love that we were able to get an appointment within the hour. Wow!

Fast forward to DS sitting on the exam table. Dr. H is telling him that he can't play soccer at the game that night. DS is sad. Then Dr. H says, "Who are you playing, anyway?" DS says, "Your son's team!" Without missing a beat, Dr. H says in a sing-songy voice, "Wellllll, maybe **** has permission to play soccer after all! Yeah! And he gets to play goalie the WHOLE GAME! Sure!" What a card! At least that got a smile from the little patient.

We got home and I asked him, "Wouldn't you like to go lie down for awhile?" "No, I'm fine," says the patient. He ate a little at lunchtime, kept it down (yay!) and then I asked him again: "Wouldn't you like to lie down?" "No, I'm fine," says Mr. D. Nile.

2:00 p.m., I'm thinking it's awwwwwwwfully quiet over there, I look and I see little man asleep on the floor. And he stays there for THREE HOURS. Sure, he's "fine." HA!

So, turns out there's a stomach bug going around, but it only usually lasts for about 24 hours. I'm just crossing my fingers that the rest of us don't get it.

And this morning, DS had toast and jelly and off he went to school. Phew!

3 comments: